Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Evaluation Rubric For Apps

How much longer until we reach one million IPod/IPad/IPhone Apps?  Right around the corner, I'm sure.  To help separate some of the wheat from the chaff, I created a rubric for teachers and app developers so that a common language and structure could be used to evaluate the efficacy of educational apps.  It is now being used in by schools, universities and organizations in eight countries, 26 states, and the District of Columbia, has been presented at numerous conferences, can be found on 52 websites, and will be included in two books to be released later this year.  While I maintain intellectual property rights to the document, I encourage anyone who has an interest in using the rubric to contact me.  The cost?  Free.  All I ask in return is feedback on its usefulness.  You can find a PDF file of the rubric on Tony Vincent's website.  If you do not follow Tony's work, you really need to.

Here is the link: http://learninginhand.com/blog/evaluation-rubric-for-educational-apps.html

No comments:

Post a Comment